How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage Click on E-Journal Finder You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
linking search terms
too much information
not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian.
Selected Databases for Public Relation and Communication
- Academic Search Complete - An EBSCOhost database contains indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals. This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Britannica Encyclopaedia - An online encyclopedia with hundreds of thousands of articles, biographies, videos, images, and web sites.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete - An EBSCOhost database, which covers areas related to communication and mass media. It provides indexing and abstracts for more than 820 journals and full text for over 500 journals.
- Dissertations ProQuest - A ProQuest Database covers the most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses. Full Text includes millions of searchable citations to dissertation and theses from around the world from 1861 to the present day that are available for download in PDF format.
- Ebrary - A ProQuest database hosting e-books for libraries and researchers worldwide. Currently hosts 75,000 documents in the electronic formats.
- Education Research Complete - It provides indexing and abstract for more than 2,300 journals, as well as full text for over 1,400 journals, and includes full text for more than 500 books and monographs, dating back to the 1930s. It is the definitive online resource for education research. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
- ERIC - This database provides extensive access to education-related literature. ERIC provides unlimited access to more than 1.4 million bibliographic records of journal articles and other education-related materials. It provides ready access to education literature to augment American education by increasing and facilitating the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research.
- GREENR - Global Reference on Environment, Energy and Natural Resources - This multidisciplinary database provides authoritative analysis, journals, news, case studies, legislations, conference proceedings, statistics and multimedia for issues related to energy systems, healthcare, agriculture, technology, climate change, population and more.
- MAS Ultra - School Edition - It is designed specifically for high school libraries, contains full text for nearly 500 full text popular high school magazines, more than 360 reference books, 85,670 biographies, over 107,000 primary source documents, over 592,000 photos, maps & flags, and color PDFs.
- ProQuest Education Journals - A ProQuest database, which provides access for over 1,020 top educational publications, including more than 660 of the titles in full text. It includes charts, tables, diagrams, and other graphical elements to enhance the editorial value of articles that focus on education topics. It covers not only the literature on primary, secondary, and higher education but also special education, home schooling, adult education, and hundreds of related topics.
- Research Library - A ProQuest database, covering a wide range of popular academic subjects. Includes more than 4,730 titles, with over 3,315 in full text.
- ScienceDirect - A leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books.
- SpringerLink - Contains 25,000 e-books on various subjects.
- TOPICsearch - This database contains full text for over 15,1000 articles from nearly 470 diverse sources like international and regional newspapers. It contains collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
Selected Journals for Public Relation and Communication
- American communication journal
- Australian journal of communication
- Canadian journal of communication
- Communication quarterly
- Communication reports
- Communication studies
- Communication theory
- Global media journal
- Intercultural communication
- International journal of communication
- International journal of communications law and policy IJCLP
- Language & communication
- Marketing & media decisions
- NMC media-n
- Open communication journal
- Public relations journal
- Public relations news
- Public relations quarterly
- Public relations review
- Public relations strategist
- Public relations tactics
- Speech, music and hearing
- Web journal of mass communication research : WJMCR
- Western journal of communication
- Women's studies in communication