General Environmental Science Websites
- General Environmental ScienceS
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Environmental Working Group
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- Earth Portal
- Agriculture and Climate Change
- Clean Energy
- Adventure/Ecological/Learning Vacations - Science Reference Guid
- Earth Day - Science Reference Guide
- Earth Decade Reading List
- Earth's Water Cycle and Climate Change: Reading List - Science Reference Guide
- Environment - Selected Internet Resources
- Environmental Science Projects - Science Tracer Bullet
- Human Impacts on the Biosphere - A Guide to Selected Resources - Science Reference Guide
- The Natural History of Lewis and Clark -- Selected Resources - Science Reference Guide
Internet Sources related Environmental Science
o EDIE : Environmental Data Interactive Exchange o Envirofacts Warehouse : a single point of access to select U.S. EPA Environmental Data o Environmental Sites on the Internet o Google Scholar o Pollution Online : A Community for Industrial Professionals o Solid Waste Online : TA Community for Industrial Professionals o United States Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) o Water Online : A Community for Industrial Professionals
"Edie is a free, personalised, interactive news, information and communications service for environmental professionals around the world. With comprehensive independent coverage, powerful search facilities, e-mail alerts and discussion forums, Edie provides a one-stop-shop for the exchange of environmental information on the Web."
A single point access to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) databases on Air, Chemicals, Facility Information, Grants/Funding, Hazardous Waste, Spatial Data, Superfund, Toxic Releases, and Water Permits and Drinking Water.
Developed & designed by Larsgöran Strandberg, Industrial Ecology at KTH - Royal Institute of Technology - Stockholm, Sweden. Has comprehensive links to various aspects on the environment.
Search Engine which searches peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations.
"This site is designed to serve the needs of operators, technicians, engineers, researchers, managers, owners, and other professionals involved in the control and prevention of pollution from industrial and commercial sources."
Solid Waste Online was formed by Michael McNulty and Michael Hagan. It aims to serve the "needs of engineers, managers, government personnel, and consulting firms involved in public works."
Access to its Online Library System as well as its databases, resources and publications.
This site provides "information about the water and wastewater industry...dealing with the basic operational elements of this industry: the resource management, supply, treatment and distribution of drinking water, and the collection, treatment and disposal of wastewater, as well as the many ancillary functions that accompany them, for example, stormwater management and sludge conditioning and disposal."
o EDIE : Environmental Data Interactive Exchange
o Envirofacts Warehouse : a single point of access to select U.S. EPA Environmental Data
o Environmental Sites on the Internet
o Google Scholar
o Pollution Online : A Community for Industrial Professionals
o Solid Waste Online : TA Community for Industrial Professionals
o United States Environmental Protection Agency(EPA)
o Water Online : A Community for Industrial Professionals
Environmental Science related Organization
Government/Quasi-Government Environmental Agencies
- Environment Agency (UK)
- Environment Australia
- Environment Canada
- Environmental Protection Agency (US)
- Europa - Environment (EU)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- UNEP Oil and Gas Forum
- World Bank Group, Environment
- World Bank, Extractive Industries Review
- World Bank, International Finance Corp., Oil, Gas, Mining and Chemicals
General Environmental/Public Interest Groups
- Africa Action
- Corp Watch
- Environmental Defense
- Global Development Research Center
- National Resources Defense Council (US)
- National Wildlife Federation (US)
- Oil & Gas Accountability Project (US)
- Powder River Basin Resource Council (US)
- San Juan Citizens Alliance (US)
- Global Reporting Initiative
- SD Gateway
- Sustainable Development Communications Network
- Sustainable Development International
- United Nations Division for Sustainable Development
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development
Global Climate Change
- Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Climate Change
- Global Climate Change Research Explorer
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- US Global Change Research Information Office
- US Global Change Research Program
- World Bank Group - Global Climate Change
- International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation Limited (ITOPF)
- National Research Council – Oil in the Seas III
Environmental international agreements and protocols
Environmental Science related to Global Warning and Climate change
Arctic Change : Providing information on the present state of Arctic ecosystems and climate in historical context. Data and information from reputable scientific sources are presented with easy to read and understand narratives. The objective is to inform dialog, raise issue awareness, and support decision making
Arctic Climate Impact Science -- An Update Since ACIA : Climate change is having a greater and faster impact on the Arctic than previously thought, according to a new study by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
Climate Change: A Guide to the Information and Disinformation : The Society for Environmental Journalists has created this special reporters' online resource . It is drawn from the Rolodexes, notebooks, and background files of some of the top reporters in the business.
Climate Change News : Published weekly, this news update recounts the top climate change-related stories of the week and includes a list of upcoming events. Environmental and Energy Study Institute.
Global Warming & Climate Change : Library of Congress Science Tracer Bullet 06-6
National Geographic's Causes of Global Warming : Scientists have spent decades figuring out what is causing global warming. They've looked at the natural cycles and events that are known to influence climate.
United Nations Climate Change Portal : Also called Gateway to the UN System's Work on Climate Change
Environmental Science related Living and working sustainably
· Electric Power - A Tracer Bit (Brief Tracer Bullet)
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.