Selected Finance Web Sites
Comprehensive Web Sites
- Financial Services Fact Book - Overview of banking, mortgages, insurance, securities, finance companies and consumer finance. The Fact Book is jointly produced by the Insurance Information Institute and the Financial Services Roundtable provides excellent statistics and graphs. All data sources are credited at the bottom of each chart or graph.
- Ohio State Virtual Finance Library - Comprehensive site for most investment areas.
- Wall Street Executive Library-Financial Market Research, Investment Research - Includes news, exchanges, commodities, SEC filings, quotes, and more.
- Historical Corporate Reports - Lippincott Library of the University of Pensylvania has posted company annual reports from the early 1800s to 1955. Search by company, year, or industry.
- IRIN - A one-stop location to locate over 12,000 annual reports. Free for viewing and printing. Search by company name or symbol.
- PRARS - Have an annual report mailed to you, free of charge. Reports available from over 3,000 public companies
Career & Job Information
- FINANCIALjobs.com - Covers all types of jobs. "Search Jobs" to link to categories for finance and other related headings.
- Careers in Finance - Includes job options, job listings, links to resources.
Quotes, Stock Prices
- CNN/Money - Good overall coverage of news finance calculators, market information, quotes, and investment advice.
- Investopedia - Provides articles, analysis, tools, guides, stock simulator, preparation for he CFA, and more.
- Yahoo! Finance - Overall investment services include market coverage, statistics, research, tools, and news. Individual companies have historical stock prices; analyst opinions, charts, ownership, current financials
Stocks and Bonds
- Stock and Commodity Exchanges - Worldwide list, including those dealing with futures, and options.
- Bond Market Research-Statistical Data - Handy compilation of research on the bond market. Published by SIFMA.
- Bonds Online - Provides tracking of bond prices, news of the bond market, calculators, searching for preferred stocks and convertible preferred stocks.
- Treasury Direct - Source for information on purchasing Treasury Securities, Savings Bonds, Treasury Notes. For individual investors and managers of company, institutional, or government agency accounts.
- Dow Jones Indexes - Provides an overview to numerous Dow Jones indexes. Statistics, historical data, articles, methodology and more.
- Russell Indexes - Performance, methodology and fact sheets for the Russell Indexes.
- Standard & Poor's Indices - Fact sheets, methodologies, and performance charts of the S&P Indices.
- Wilshire Indexes - Methodology and history of the Wilshire indices. Includes an "index return" calculator for U.S. and Global markets.
- ICI Mutual Funds - As the national association of investment companies, the site provides access to the Mutual Fund Fact Book and other research reports, policy and regulation information and statistics. In addition, it hosts investing education materials.
- Mutual Fund Investor's Center - Includes links to leading fund companies, fund calculators, a fund selector, monitoring tools, and education sources.
Commodities & Futures
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission - The CFTC is an independent agency that regulates commodity futures and option markets in the United States. The site links to exchanges, market regulations and oversight and, market analysis.
- AFA: The American Finance Association is the premier academic organization devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about financial economics.
- AFP: Association for Financial Professionals is the the global resource and advocate for the finance profession, providing certification, products, education and training for treasury and corporate finance.
- FMA: The Financial Management Association International (FMA) is the global leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making.
- EFA: Europian Finance Association (EFA) serves as a focal point of communication for its members residing in Europe and abroad. It also provides a framework for better dissemination of information and exchange at the international level.ertified Human Resources Professional.
- GFOA: Government Finance Officers Association.The purpose of the Government Finance Officers Association is to enhance and promote the professional management of governments for the public benefit by identifying and developing financial policies and best practices and promoting their use through education, training, facilitation of member networking, and leadership.
- AIBIM: Association of Islamic Banking Institutions Malaysia.
- FLA: The Finance & Leasing Association (FLA) is the UK’s leading trade association for the consumer credit, motor finance and asset finance sectors, and the largest organisation of its type in Europe.
- IFRS: International Financial Reporting Standards.
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.